What’s new in ArcGIS Pro 2.5
The latest release of Esri’s powerful, feature-packed desktop software is here and it delivers a lot of what you’ve asked for.
With every release of ArcGIS Pro, there are many useful, interesting and often fun new features to help you get your work done. ArcGIS Pro also provides new ways to improve mapping and spatial analysis efficiency and productivity with faster, easier methods. ArcGIS Pro 2.5 continues its mission of bringing you the new tools, workflows and capabilities requested by the community and optimized for the modern GIS professional.
We’ve created a video of the new features in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 – Watch it now
Here are a few of the new items you can expect to find in ArcGIS Pro 2.5:
Mapping and Visualization
- Color management settings to ensure colors are rendered consistently across devices
- Exportability to the Adobe Illustrator Exchange (.AIX) file format to bring maps into Adobe Illustrator for graphic design and map finishing
- New map projections
- Overprint capability for symbol layers to avoid registration errors in printing
- Python notebooks integrated into ArcGIS Pro for data science workflows
- Ability to schedule analytical tools to run later or with recurrence
- Improvements in performance especially when working in large projects
- New workflows for business analytics tasks, such as site evaluation and target marketing
- Metadata automation
- Manage distributed data using geodatabase replication workflows to create and manage replicas and sync changes using traditional versioning
- Updates for authoring indoor maps for use with ArcGIS Indoors
- Ability to turn Building Information Management (BIM) file workspaces into a geodatabase feature dataset
- New tools and enhancements for aviation and maritime mapping and charting, defense mapping, pipeline referencing, and production mapping.